One of the most interesting aspects of the Olympics, aside from the intense competition, is learning how some of the participating athletes reached world-class status. In the coming weeks, we’ll see countless athlete profiles and interviews describing punishing training regimens and practice schedules that would make mere mortals collapse. We might even hear about the role far infrared saunas have played in the athlete’s injury prevention and treatment program.
Sports medicine practitioners are well aware of the healing properties generated by a sauna equipped with infrared heaters, and many of them insist that athletes under their supervision sit through both pre- and post-workout sauna sessions to prevent injuries and speed recovery. By doing this, athletes can:
- Loosen their muscles and joints before a workout to increase flexibility
- Increase their tolerance for anaerobic activity
- Eliminate harmful toxins that might hinder performance
- Reduce lactic acid buildup in muscles, allowing them to loosen and relax
- Boost their blood circulation to promote muscle repair
- Ease muscle and joint pain stemming from overuse, strain, or repetitive motion
- Feel refreshed and reinvigorated even after the toughest workouts
- Burn extra calories and retain cardiovascular fitness while recovering from injuries that inhibit full workouts
Of course, you don’t have to be an elite Olympic athlete to enjoy the benefits listed here. A sauna with infrared heaters is also a wonderful workout supplement for weekend warriors in all sports, as well as dedicated runners, martial artists, yogis, and more.
To minimize time lost to sports injuries and accelerate recovery so you can get back to the action faster, check out our line of far infrared saunas today.