12 Years ago we used to get calls from people researching infrared saunas and they would ask, “I’m interested in a sauna. What is this ‘infrared stuff’? Now, more and more people like yourself have heard about the wellness benefits achieved from regular use of their infrared sauna. We hear every week from customers that tell us how much better they are feeling or the changes they have seen from using their Jacuzzi® infrared sauna.
When you are sitting in a traditional sauna, you are sitting in a hot room; 180-220 degrees. In your Clearlight Premier or Clearlight Sanctuary Infrared Sauna, about 20% of the heat is heating the air and the other 80% directly increases thermal energy in your body. The warming effect on your body temporarily stimulates your cardiovascular system, your immune system and your lymphatic system. Your bodies response to that is to sweat.
Warm your sauna up for 10-15 minutes then get in. As the infrared heat increases the thermal energy in your body, you will start to sweat and you will sweat profusely. You will find you may actually sweat more in an infrared sauna than in a traditional rock sauna. Studies show that sweat from a traditional sauna contains about 3-5% toxins where sweat from your infrared sauna contains about 17-20% toxins. The detoxifying and deep penetrating heat from a Jacuzzi® sauna makes them very effective.
Infrared therapy is low temperature therapy. The scientific principles that are used to calculate infrared emissions from a surface or body show that lower temperatures produce higher quality far infrared heat. A far infrared heater having a surface temperature of approximately 180-200° F, like our Clearlight True Wave™ Heaters, will produce much higher quality far infrared heat than a heater running at 450 degrees or, as some heaters do, 700 degrees. Add in the additional benefit of 1,000 watts of full spectrum infrared in our Clearlight Sanctuary Saunas™ and receive the ultimate in infrared therapy.
Warm up your sauna for about 10-15 minutes then get in. Once you are in your sauna turn the temperature all the way up. The temperature will climb during your 30-45 minute session. Because infrared therapy is low temperature therapy you will able to stay in longer, sweat more and receive more benefit.
The answer to this question is Yes and No. In an infrared sauna, the infrared heat increasing the thermal energy in your body is the most important aspect of your sauna. You can sit in your sauna with the door and roof vent open and you will still sweat and get the benefits of the healing and relaxing infrared heat. That being said, everyone wants the cabin temperature in their sauna to be warm as it is more comfortable to sit in and it helps raise core body temperature. The combination of excellent quality infrared heat and a sufficiently warm sauna cabin is the key to a quality far infrared sauna.
As a sauna manufacturer we have to find that balance between heaters that produces excellent quality infrared heat that will support heat generation in your body and heaters that generate enough infrared heat to warm the sauna so you are comfortable.
All Clearlight Sauna® models achieve this balance for an exceptional sauna session. Our heaters produce high quality infrared heat and do an excellent job of warming the sauna cabin.
One of the keys to infrared therapy increasing the thermal energy in your body. This is achieved by concentrating the infrared heat on the front and back of your body. The heaters in your sauna are placed strategically to warm your body core and support heat generation.
Our back wall heaters run the full length of your back. Our front heaters are located so they direct the infrared heat at your front core. Surround Yourself In Wellness® in your Jacuzzi® infrared sauna.
As a wellness company, we focus on the therapeutic benefits of our Clearlight Sauna® models. Through years of R&D we have developed new and more effective features for our saunas and we continue to do so regularly.
We would be happy to discuss infrared heat and infrared therapy with you. Please call one of our knowledgeable infrared sauna specialists at 800.798.1779. We look forward to hearing from you.
The sauna is up, assembled, plugged in and we started using it over the weekend. We are thrilled with it. I really could not be happier. My doctor had recommended that I try one at a local body care place before we invested in our own. The one they have there is not a Clearlight and it’s fine but the Clearlight Sauna is much nicer. The Clearlight just seems to be higher quality overall. It’s better built and more comfortable as well. I am glad we got the three-person size. When G and I are in there together we have room to spread out a little.
A contractor friend of ours was over to visit and he pointed out details in the woodworking of the cabinet I would not have noticed otherwise. He was very impressed. Thanks!
MG, Portland, OR